This service gives you the possibility to configure alerts on events (e.g. alert on arrival) on every object (deepsea, shortsea, barge, feeder or rail) with a specific object name, voyage number or object operator name. ECT can send an alert to you via SMS or e-mail.
You can find this service after been registered and logged in under menu ‘My services’ and then ‘Tracking & tracing’. There is no authorisation needed for this alert service.
To get more object detail information, like number of container discharged and loaded, you can request for authorisation for the service ‘Object Status Extra’ and the specific object operator code. Herefor you have to register to ECT.nl.
After requesting for authorisation the request will be send to the specific object operator and he/she will be handling your request. If you have been authorised for ‘Object Status Extra’ by the object operator a mail will be send to you.
Create an alert
To submit an alert to ECT the following items has to be filled in:
- Alert on: Select a specific object name, voyage number, operator name of Partner voyage after selecting radiobutton ‘Object names’, ‘Voyages’, ‘operator names’ or ‘Partner voyages’.
- Event: Select an event. After selecting "On progress" you can select a time period (1,2,3 or 4 hours) after you want your alert send.
- By: Select SMS or e-mail. If you select SMS you have to fill in a time period in which SMS messages will be sent. SMS messages which are created outside this time period will be queued and sent later on.
If you select an objectname you will only get alerts on this objectname.
If you select a voyage you will only get alerts on this voyage. If the object of the voyage has been departed the alert will be deleted of the list with pending alerts.
If you select an object operator code then you will only get alerts of objects with this operator name.
After clicking at ‘Submit’ the alert will be submitted to ECT and you will see the created alert in the list of Pending Alerts.
The following items will be shown:
- Object name
- Operator name
- Customer voyage name
- By e-mail or SMS (25ct per SMS)
- From..till (only if the alert is send by SMS)
- Creation date/time
Delete an alert
You can delete an alert in the list of Pending Alerts by clicking at the delete button X of the selected alert. If your email or SMS number is not correct you can update them with the button ‘User Details’.